This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)
Nimbus, fondata nel 2006, è una società aerospaziale con sede nei pressi di Torino, nel cuore del distretto aerospaziale piemontese.
È una PMI certificata UNI EN ISO 9001:2008 che rappresenta un’eccellenza italiana nel settore UAS/RPAS proprietaria di numerosi brevetti e di personale altamente qualificato.
Nimbus collabora con Politecnici e Università che partecipano a differenti ed importanti programmi di ricerca ed ha pubblicato innumerevoli articoli scientifici nell’ambito degli UAS/RPAS.
This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)
CEO - President CdA
Silvia BELLEZZA QUATER
CEO - Board member
Quality Control Manager
Via Bertola Poligono, 19
Lombardore (TO) 10040
Telephone +39 011 9956481
Nimbus Srl is an aeronautical company, certified UNI EN ISO 9001: 2015 and ISO 45001:2018 which designs and manufactures innovative Unmanned Aerial System (UAS).
Nimbus is an operator authorized by the National Civil Aviation Authority (ENAC) and is inscribed under the Italian Federation of Aerospace, Defense and Security (AIAD). Besides, since his home-made products and licenses, Nimbus SRL is one of the companies that joins “Exclusive Brand Torino”, an institution that gather the most innovative companies in Piemonte.
Moreover, Nimbus has been certified as a recognized entity by ENAV (Italian Civil Aviation Authority) and has been authorized to operate as an examination center (OPEN A2 ONLINE PROCTORED) for the issue of the UAS Remote Pilot Competence Certificate in the OPEN A2 subcategory, as required by Reg. (EU) no. 2019/947.
Nimbus’s team consists of high-qualified mechanical, mechatronic, SW, electronic and aerospace engineer, which designed and produced our Nimbus PPL series 418 (quadcopter), Nimbus 612 EVO Plus XL (esacopter) – also with DDSS configuration – the “Nimbus VTOL” and the “Nimbus box MARS ONE”.
Our UAS can address different scenarios, as visible-light video footage, visual and infra- red survey, structural analysis of industrial construction, agro-tech activities, VOR and ILS operations in airport facilities, high-voltage power lines inspections, delivery activities in the healthcare sector and many others.
Our professional UAS are distinguished from the rest of the market for the construction and for the flight management features that meet the active and passive safety priorities: the use of soft material, propeller protection, no sharp edges, four/six dual- power motors, proprietary electronics with in-flight safety and emergency management controls.
Moreover, they are equipped with pilot stations made by two remote commands (main and secondary), which are fitted with telemetry station and PC dedicated to control:
– the remote pilot aircraft;
– the different Payload typologies.
– High-voltage Power Lines Inspection: following the award of a series of contracts with “TERNA-Rete Italia”, Nimbus has been carrying out, since 2019, targeted inspections on high-voltage pylons located throughout the national territory. The operations – which require the use of the PPL418 quadrotor with two sensors (EO / IR) – aim at identifying any defects or problems on the structure, such as hot-spots, scratches or rust presents in the metal components;
– Confined Space Inspection: Nimbus carried out a series of activities inside chimneys and water tanks owned by IREN Spa, by using UAVs equipped with protective cages for the protection of the propellers and lighting equipment. The focus was on analysing the state of conservation of the plants, in order to proceed with their maintenance;
– VOR and ILS operations in “Torino-Caselle” airport facilities: In collaboration with Techno Sky Srl (an ENAV Spa company) Nimbus carried on VOR and ILS authorized critical operations for “Infrastructure Advanced Maintenance”. These activities, which require the use of UAVs in BVLOS flight mode, ensure that the measured ILS signal is within the tolerances specified in ICAO regulations (Annex 10 Vol I – DOC 8071 Vol II). They also perform Infrastructure Visual and Infrared Inspections from Radar Antennas to Communication and Control Towers;
– BOX for the Autonomous Management of UAS’s fleet: Nimbus is developing a transportable box for the automatic management of UAS’s fleet. The box – which has already obtained the patent – is capable to handle the autonomous take-off and landing of the drone, the recharging of the batteries and the management of the different payloads. Due to the peculiarity of the configuration and the synergy between the management system and the UAVs, the operator involved is guaranteed a 24/7 service in critical scenarios. The possible scenarios are vast, from security services within company sites to agro-tech activities. However, the real strength is the great adaptability of the system, which can open up to ever-changing scenarios and keep up with technological innovation;
– Development of a VTOL for Long-Range activities: Nimbus is developing a Long-Range VTOL (Vertical Take Off and Landing) UAS for the execution of missions in BVLOS flight mode in the healthcare sector. The UAV (fixed wing) will be capable to perform missions in total autonomy, guaranteeing a high take-off weight and the management of the entire flight segment, thanks also to the creation of an ad hoc server by the SW Nimbus team:
– 3D Mapping and Infrastructure Inspection: Nimbus has carried out – and the contract is still ongoing – a series of photogrammetry and 3D mapping activities for “Autostrada Dei Fiori Spa”, which were finalized to analyse the conservation status of highway- sections and to plan future maintenance operations;
– Home-Land Security Activities: In collaboration with “Polizia di Stato”, Nimbus has carried out Home-Land Security Activities for the whole Italian country. The activities had taken place even during the Taormina G7, with a specific DDSS configuration which enabled to our UAS a 24/7 endurance.
Standard: Norma ISO 9001-2015
Entity: TUV Italia Srl
Issue/Revision Date: : 02/08/2021
- CONSULTATION, COMMAND AND CONTROL, COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS/EQUIPMENT
- FIXED AND FIELD FACILITIES, LOGISTIC AND TRAINING SERVICES
- NAVIGATION AIDS
- R&D ACTIVITIES
- SECURITY, SURVIVAL AND RESCUE
- EQUIPMENT AND FITTING-OUT MATERIALS
- EQUIPMENT AND STRUCTURAL ASSEMBLIES/PARTS
- EQUIPMENT FOR
- CRYPTO COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
- COMMAND, CONTROL AND INFORMATION
- COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
- DATA/IMAGE PROCESSING, DISPLAY AND RECORDING SYSTEMS/EQUIPMENT, DATA MANAGEMENT AND TRANSFER
- GROUND SEGMENT FOR OPERATIONS AND DATA PROCESSING
- LOGISTIC SUPPORT
- FOR AIRBORNE PLATFORMS
- FOR NAVAL PLATFORMS
- FOR GROUND PLATFORMS
- LANDING OPTICAL SYSTEMS
- POWER SUPPLY SYSTEMS
- SHIPPING & LOGISTICS
- AIRCRAFT PLATFORMS
- OPERATIONS AND TRAINING
- FACILITIES SECURITY
- CONFORMAL APPLICATION ON 3D SURFACE
- AIR DEFENCE AND SURVEILLANCE RADARS
- NAVAL ELECTRO-ACUSTIC SENSORS
- ELECTRO-OPTICAL, PHOTOGRAMMETRIC SENSORS AND NIGHT/POOR VISIBILITY VISUAL EQUIPMENT
- electronic equipment
- for airborne platforms
- for naval platforms
- for land-based platforms
- for space platforms
- 3D printing
- satellite communications
- strategic and tactical communications
- telegraph and telephone networks, telegraphs and exchanges
- strategic, tactical and integrated
- training and simulation
- visual (flags and signallings)
- base security systems
- for UAV
- maintenance services
- interactive electronic technical publications and handling of classified and unclassified data
- preparation of courses for users and maintenance workers
- preparation of technical publications
- integrated maintenance systems
- logistic/administrative computerized systems
- shipping and logistics
- integrated logistic support to ground segment for operations and data processing
- alkaline battery packs, Ni/Cd, Lithium/LIPO
- unmanned reconnaissance aircraft
- base security systems
- fire sensing and suppression systems
- avionic sensors, airborne instrumentation
- ground and naval night vision systems
- airborne visual equipment